Monday, April 9, 2007

Drawing from the Future




Since I have recently archived all of my art from the past decade I have noticed something odd. I have had tendencies to draw and create art about my own personal future. Most of the work that I create is done from a stream of consciousness. I start with a blank piece of paper and I try not to have specific ideas of what I'm going to create. It's more of a letting go as I allow the pen to be a sort of indicator into the subconscious and unconscious levels. I am fully aware that there is nothing new about this, for it was thoroughly explored by the Surrealist and Dadaist, but that was then and this is now.

The reason I bring this up is because I was listening to Jeff Rense discuss this medical phenomenon of Morgellons Disease, he postulates that this disease, which the medical community is equally baffled by and has labeled as an emerging disease, may in fact have it's origins in nano-technology. He continues by raising the theory that Morgellons Disease may in fact be the result of self replicating nano-technologies , and that they are replicating in the environment and our bodies.

I find this 'Nano-Infection' art piece shown above, which I recently renamed from the originally titled, 'Infection' completed back in 2001, shortly after 9/11, and Morgellons disease to be fascinating. The original art was all done in pen&ink with a Rotring rapidpgraph pen, .18 pen tip, which is the smallest, finest pen tip one can find. When I created the art the pen acted as a stylus into the depths of my unconscious. Forms grew out from the smallest of lines and scribbles, taking on new and larger shapes and forms. I remember thinking about molecules and nano-technologies when I drew it, but I found no profound relevance to that. And now, after hearing the interview and reading about this Morgellons Disease I can't help but wonder and question if time is timeless when I am creating art and accessing the deepest recesses of my psyche. Is this some sort of hypno-progression-like-state? Can I possibly be accessing something from an abyss where everything is connected as I simply choose the limitless possibilities from out of the void? I dare not arrogantly allow my five senses to overwhelm me and vehemently profess, "NO!!!"

So, to reiterate the correlation between Morgellons Disease and the 'Nano-Infection' piece I drew six years ago is a fascinating paradigm, where these two separate entities came together in a moment of reflection.




The below are the fibers associated with Morgellons disease.

No comments: